Introduction to Digital Aesthetic Dentistry
- The Patient Aesthetic Journey. How does Digital Dentistry help improve case acceptance and patient co-diagnosis.
- Facially driven design. How to use digital apps to start designing in the face with the end in mind. What are the design KPI’s for any aesthetic case.
- Photography & Video: simple tools for highly effective planning.
- The Mock-up – a critical part of Emotional Dentistry & case acceptance, as well as informed consent.
- What you can and can’t change with aesthetic dentistry alone: interdisciplinary case planning.
- Patient communication: creating realistic expectations.
- Privacy, iPhones, Apps and third-party sharing.
Technical Elements of Smile Design & Delivery
- 3D printed digital design.
- Scanning preps: retraction, clinical limitations, accuracy and depth of field.
- Functional records with scanners: a wealth of information.
- Functional and phonetic checks at the temporary phase. Translating a guided functional design to the lab.
- Shade selection tools in your software. The importance of substrate colour and ingot selection. What shade guides do I need?
- Depth prep guides: Some new digital solutions.
- Lab communication and case collation: Cloud dentistry and data organization.
- Digital Dentures – tips and tricks for case duplication, altering and testing a design.
Tips, Tricks , Red Flags & Inter-disciplinary Dentistry
- Occlusal red flags. Why temporary restorations might be coming off; how to do functional checks at the temporary stage; How to correctly finish and adjust your composite veneers.
- Using digital dentistry and 3D printing to create efficient, life-like composite veneers.
- Crown lengthening guides: Guided design for any gingival recontouring. Assessing the planning, biology and delivery of crown lengthening surgery.
- Invisalign. The best adjunct to pre-restorative tooth movement.
DR ANDREA SHEPPERSON
Dr Andrea Shepperson is an internationally recognised clinician, thought leader and educator. One of Australasia’s best known general dentists, she graduated from the University of Otago in 1984. A practicing clinician in Auckland, she understands the day-to-day challenges of general practice.
Andrea is New Zealand's only Digital Smile Design KOL and Master, running New Zealand's first DSD Clinic. She is an Honorary Life Member of the NZ Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and a Mentor and Alumni of the internationally renowned Kois Center in Seattle, USA. She is a sought-after speaker who has always enjoyed being at the forefront of dentistry, and runs a practice focused on digital dentistry. In 2020 she opened her own dental training facility on Waiheke Island, Auckland, New Zealand.